Our course is designed for men and women who need fall protection training, antenna & tower climbing training, or safety and rescue training. We offer an extremely effective balance between classroom instruction and hands-on tower climbing, and practical rescue scenarios. OSHA 1920-26 states that any worker on a walking or working surface that has any unprotected side or edge which is 6 feet or more from a lower level requires fall protection training. A substantial portion of our safety training covers OSHA certification topics such as: OSHA safety requirements, the physics of falls, personal protective equipment, fall protection concepts and safety equipment, treatment of frequently encountered tower injuries, documentation, along with solo and small group rescue deployment options. We make it possible to get your employees compliant in one day, rather than the two-four day alternative which takes your employees away from what they’re supposed to be doing – their jobs!
Introduction to Standards as They Pertain to Tower Climbing
- Anchorages: types, ratings, theories and inspections
- Body support: types, preferences and regulations
- Means of connection: equipment, techniques, warnings and inspections Equipment
- General: inspections, removal from service and PFAS
- Fall arrest: lanyards, rope grabs, shock absorbers, self retracting lanyards, fall clearances
- Rescue and personal gear/P.P.E.
Structure Types and Hardware
- Tower types: guyed, self supported,monopole
- Ladders: types, inspections, safety
- Rescue plan
- Employee duties
- Industry best practice
- Tips for avoiding injury
- Suspension trauma: basic treatment
Job Briefing-Perform an Actual Briefing for the Afternoon
- Different stations set up by instructor
- Equipment inspections
- Proper techniques to follow regulations
- Controlled descent using approved descent device
- Standard victim pick-off using approved tools and techniques
This course is N.A.T.E. (National Association of Tower Erectors) compliant and A.T.C. (American Tower Company) approved!
Custom Applications & Consulting Services Available